Fletcher one of our more unique looking dogs. He is being trained on peanut. He is fun loving and has been matched with Bailee. Here is her story, as told by her big brother Michael.
It started out as a calm day, everything was going great. Well that all changed quickly, and it changed at dinner time. My mom had made some home-made vegetable soup with peanut butter sandwiches. It was really good; everyone was enjoying it except my dad he was at work. I had just fixed my second bowl of soup when it happened. Bailee my baby sister who was 6 months old at the time face turn as red as a cherry, she was making odd noises that sounded as if she was gasping for air. I told my mom and she picked her up and ran out to the van. We were rushing to the hospital, but luckily we live right beside a rescue squad. The paramedics were outside, so my mom whipped the minivan into the driveway and got Bailee out.
As she approached the ambulance, she told me to run to the house to get her phone. So I being the athletic runner I am ran as fast as I could to the house. I was notified that she was popped twice with epipens. The paramedics told my mom that they were going to take Bailee to the hospital. They also said not to follow the ambulance because it was going to fast… When my mom and I got into the van, she told me what happened. My mom had given Bailee some peanut butter and it threw her into an allergic reaction. Along the way my mom was calling everyone on her contact list telling them what happened and asking them to pray. When we arrived at the hospital, the paramedics were already there with Bailee. After a while my grandma and both my aunts had gotten there. Bailee’s case was so bad, that doctor was prepared to put a tube down Bailees throat. We had to stay at the hospital for a few hours. When we finally got to leave the first thing we did when we got home was get rid of anything that had to do with nuts. It’s been a life changing experience having to watch out for little sister allergy. We have to make sure where ever we go there are not nut products around, and if we do happen to eat something then we must wash our hand and face and brush our teeth before we can even get around Bailee. It not fare for Bailee to never get to go to birthday party or even parks without always being worried if she is going to come in contact with something that has nut product or even the reduce. Having a service dog will help Bailee to experience a safer and a some what normal toddler life.
By: Michael Tomlin
Bailee’s big brother
Please help in the training of Fletcher by donating today.
You can donation with a check, made out to Angel Service Dogs, Inc, please put Fletcher for Bailee in the memo.
ANGEL SERVICE DOGS, INC.
P.O. BOX 2756
MONUMENT, CO 80132
Or you can made a donation through Paypal:
Donate here to help Fletcher for Bailee. Please use as many share buttons below as you can to get the word out so that others can help too. Donations made through Paypal are posted after they have cleared. Totals are reflected at that time. Thank you for your support! We cannot reach this goal without you.
Please make sure to put Fletcher for Bailee in the comment of your PayPal donation!
Angel Service Dogs™ Inc.is a 501-C-3.
In the event Fletcher does not pass certification, another dog will be trained with the same specifications and this fund will be transferred to that dog. Additional funds raised from this campaign will be transferred into the Angel Service Dogs, Inc. General fund to help train dogs for other families.
Remember to Share: